IBM Corp. (Somers, NY)†† Marketing Leadership Development Program††††††††††††††††††† Summer
- Developed long-term strategy in the $7 billion e-learning content
market and presented team findings to IBM Learning Solutionsí senior leadership
- Conducted market research including in-depth interviews with 40 executives
and subject matter experts and estimation of market sizes by content type and
- Collaborated with company thought leaders on positioning and business
Computer Horizons Corp. (London)†††† Director of Delivery, U.K.††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 2000-2002
- Led turnaround of the only overseas office of a $400m U.S.
corporation.† Achieved profitability by repositioning the office as a provider
of content management solutions to U.K. government.† Motivated a demoralized
20-person team through personal mentoring and strategic hires.
- Won competitive bids for Her Majestyís Treasury (named 2001ís best
government department site), the British Library, and Pfizer Pharmaceuticals.†
Tripled billings to Dept. for Education and Skills.
- Wrote bid responses, gave client presentations, negotiated
contracts, and established sales incentives.
Next Planet Over (San Francisco)††††† VP Web Site Development†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 1999-2000
- Managed interface design, software development, and quality
assurance for an online retailer selling graphic novels, games, and pop culture
merchandise.† Launched on-time and on-quality at the San Diego Comic
Convention.† Hired and led a 16-person team, managed a $2.4m budget.
- Co-chaired a corporate rebranding project, worked with marketing
and merchandising on promotional tactics, and supported a system to link site
traffic analysis with financial reporting.
- Supervised a 100-subject usability study and site redesign that
successfully increased the shopping cart completion rate to over 75%,
significantly better than the industry average of under 50%.
- Advised on business development opportunities including rich
media and online auctions.
Dow Jones & Co. (NY, NY)†††† Technical Director, SmartMoney.com†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 1997-1999
- Managed software development, network operations, and data feeds
for SmartMoney magazineís personal finance portal.† Hired and led a
20-person team, managed a $2m budget.
- Implemented site traffic analysis, banner ad delivery, and co-branded
- Collaborated with production and editorial teams to design and
develop innovative financial tools.
New York Online (NY, NY)†† Consultant, Consumer Reports Magazine††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 1996-1997
- Created the information architecture and technical design for Consumer
Reports magazineís first Web site, which became the second-largest
subscription service on the Web with over 300,000 subscribers.
- Participated in meetings to establish launch pricing and customer
Wolff New Media (New York City)††††† Development Producer††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 1995-1996
- Led technology and usability initiatives for an online directory
service based on the 18-title NetBooks series.† Designed navigation and
feature graphics, and advised editorial and design staff.† Wrote technical
exhibit to a $2.5m investment term sheet.
- Designed, programmed, and managed the pilot version of YPN,
which grew 3,000% in eight months.
Visual Radio (New York, NY)††††††††††††††† New Media Engineer†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 1994-1995
- Designed and developed Web sites for the Migraine Boy
comic strip and the South by Southwest 1995 music festival.† Drafted company
business plan, press releases, and client bids.